Tuesday 26 May 2009

Evaluation

In this project I have studied the key areas of Semiotics and Semiology and have explored more advanced areas such as codes. I feel that now I have a good understanding of this area but obviously there is a lot I have left untouched, mostly parts that did not pertain to games, and I would like to learn more.

I have tried to apply this knowledge to my study of Mirrors Edge and I think I have done this fairly well, touching on signs in character design, which is something I am very personally interested in, and also building semiotic codes into game design.

I have included a video and a fair amount of images into my blog though I did not edit my layout very much at all. This was partly to do with a lack of understanding, as this is the first blog I have ever created, but also to do with not really wanting to change anything, the simple design matches what I wanted created anyway.

To further this I would like to explore further into semiotic theory but also would like to compare mirrors edge against another game and see what conclusions I could draw from this.

1 comment:

  1. i think mirrors edge is a pretty cool guy. eh runs up walls and doesnt afraid of anything

    ReplyDelete